Ben Koenig at The Country Bookshop runs an ad on the Vermont radio station Classic 101.7 – a celebration of Vermont living, Music, and BOOKS!
You can listen to Ben’s song by clicking on this link – turn up your sound, and enjoy!
35 Mill St
[Image from ehow mom]
Here is a great YouTube from Monroe Street Books in Middlebury Vermont – who needs ebooks, nooks, or kindles when there are REAL books to collect, read, and savor!
Monroe Street Books
Route 7 North [just north of downtown Middlebury]
Middlebury, VT 05753
c2012 VABA News Blog
Join VABA and many other exhibitors at the upcoming 2012 Vermont History Expo, the weekend of June 16, 17 in Tunbridge Vermont. This year’s theme? Vermont in the Civl War. This bi-annual event is put on by the Vermont Historical Society, and sponsored by various Vermont businesses and Foundations.
Here is a sampling of the goings-on:
- 150 Local Historical Society, Museum & Heritage Attraction Exhibits
- Genealogy Resource & Archive Center
- Ongoing Musical Performances in Two Venues
- Author Lectures/Book-Signings
- Historical Presentations
- Genealogy Presentations
- Heirloom Animals: Demonstrations and Breed Presentations
- Hands-on-History Demonstrations
- The Little Dig: Hands-On Field Archaeology with the Vermont Archaeological Society
- Traditional Craft Demonstrations
- Tunbridge Fair Log Cabin Museum, Late 18th to Early 20th Century Collection
- Living History Encampments: Revolutionary, Civil & Korean War
- Morgan Horse Presentations and Demonstrations
- Special Exhibit on Common Crackers
- Viewing of 19th Century One Room Schoolhouse
- Working 19th Century Blacksmith & Print Shops
- Antique Farm Equipment Exhibits
- Sponsor Exhibits
- Vermont Historical Society Museum Store Annex
- Food Vendors
- History-on-PARADE TWO DAYS!: Saturday, June 16 and Sunday June 17, at 1:00 pm
- Parade Preparation Craft Activities: Saturday, June 16 & Sunday June 17, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Live Auction: Sunday only, June 17, at 2:00 pm
Please visit the website for information on events, exhibitors, visiting authors, and everything Vermont!
Hope to see you there!
[Images from the Vermont History Expo website]
@2012 VABA News blog
From Ben at The Country Bookshop in Plainfield, Vermont:
The weather may be mild, but our discounts are EXTREME. So enjoy the weather, cook up a few burgers, and then gorge yourself on the 50,000 books, paper items, prints and more – at The Country Bookshop.
- What: A store-wide Half Price Sale.
- When: Starts Friday May 25th and ends Monday May 28th. Four full days of great browsing and buying.
- What time: The bookshop is open every day from 10 until 5.
- Where: At The Country Bookshop. Swing off Route 2 at the blinking light in Plainfield, VT and you’ll find us right beside the stone wall and across the street from the waterfall.
Plenty of new stock to peruse. Bring your family, your friends and your weekend visitors.
Have a great holiday weekend. Join us if you can!
The Country Bookshop
bookshop [at] theCountryBookshop.com